Saturday, November 3, 2012

Kitch Nirvana

When I visited my brother recently in San Diego I stumbled across a place called the Antique Centre in Ocean Beach.  It was like a Nirvana of fun-ness. 


It was the last store on my list and I had given myself 5 minutes to wander round until the next bus back into town.  It didn't take long to decide that I wasn't going to make the bus. 

I could have pitched a tent and lived in this place.  It was a massive shop with individual sellers having an area each to display their wares.  Some of the displays were fantastic and the sheer amount of goods was just astonishing. 

From little old New Zealand where just one of these booths would have made the coolest store on the block, I just wanted to get a shipping container and fill it up.  This will be the first place I visit next time I'm in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment