Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Shades of grey being very in this season

No, I haven't read the books.  I have them on loan from a friend but couldn't get past the trash writing to the interesting parts.  Anyway - that's not what this is about. 

I opted for one wall to be a different colour.  I knew I wanted grey but again, had a few test pot disappointments.  In the end I bought a can of Quarter Sidewinder on the misguided view that it would simply be a lighter shade of its cousin, Half Sidewinder.  That's right - I never learn - another whoopsie.

However, after some grovelling and a lot of work from the girls at the local paint store, they tinted it up as much as possible and it has turned out to be what I was looking for.  A warm grey.  Phew.

I have finally got to hang all those picture frames I'd been hording for the past year.  Some are from ikea and the rest are from the local dump shop and painted white.  I love how the frames look against the grey.





No comments:

Post a Comment