Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hunger drives productivity

Well, the country has been all a flutter with success after a gruelling and not particularly enjoyable rugby final last weekend. Yay for the win.

Having been enjoying and partaking in the celebrations for the past few weeks, we decided that after the final we would try a bit of a cleanse diet to rid our bodies of the evil residues of beer, chipppies, and pies. It seemed sensible at the time....... I'm not so sure now. This is because:
1.) I'm hungry.
2.) Whilst this was sold to me by the other half as some structured medically-sound eating plan, on reflection it seems remarkably like a silly fad diet.
3.) I'm hungry.
4.) Life isn't fun when one can only eat fruit and veges and crappy soup.
5.) I'm hungry.

We are up to Day 4 or 7 days. I suspect I will not make it through.

To distract myself I have been trying out a new bag pattern. Its based on a pattern seen here at Warehouse Fabrics. I've made a few tinkers but I wanted to see what the outcome was before I kicked off making a few. I think the shape it probably a little small for my liking but I will wait and see how it turns out and then amend. I have a bit of an odd-bod ensemble of fabrics for this one - this lovely woolie tweed which has a cute wintery feel - coupled with a blue satin fabric. These are both pretty tough wearing fabrics so should stand up to some punishment. Not sure if this will look good or a disaster, but I'll pop a photo up when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment