Monday, September 26, 2011

Grow wee veges

As spring creeps closer and the days get longer it seemed appropriate to plant some veges and hope that they may sprout.  Now except for a few lettuces planted when we first moved in (thats them there) and years of owning low maintenance house plants, this is my first attempt at really growing anything substantial.

I have jumped in with both feet and only time will reveal the results. Currently I've planted one wee tomato (fearing it might be a bit cold I am going to keep one inside also), a capsicum, some broad beans, some peas, some silverbeet, spring onions, beetroot and a range of lettuces. Add to this a cape gooseberry and we are good to go. I love my wee garden boxes and I'm just hoping its not too cold at night for the little seedlings so they get to start growing.

I'm certainly no green thumb but keen-ness and positive vibes count for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment