Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New purse inners - so pretty........

Managed to squeeze in a trip last week to my favourite secret fabric stash shop. Lucked upon a range of fabric pieces that I thought were just gorgeous. So gorgeous in fact I simply couldn't decide which colour was best. I 'ummed' and 'ahhed' and ultimately did what any good woman would - bought the lot. So this is the basis for the next range of purses. These colours are so lovely and the material is slightly coated which makes it a durable inner for the purses.

I made a couple of the purses with this deep brown fabric I found for the outer and my new lovely fabric as inners. I haven't made the matching broaches yet but I really like the contrast of the woven outer with the slightly flashy metallic inner (the lushness doesn't come out in these photos at all). I'll try and get myself sorted to do the broaches this week and then pop them up on my Felt shop.

I also thought I might try a slightly bigger version of the purse. This was my first try which is a tiny bit wonky at the top fold over. Whislt a shame, the up-side is that it means I get to keep this one. I took it for a trial run over the weekend when we went out for dinner (ended up as drinks but was meant to be dinner). It fits nicely under your arm and holds a bit more than the other. I'm giving it the nod myself (but then I guess I am biased).

No comments:

Post a Comment