Saturday, February 26, 2011

What the stall will hold

So, with the settlement not going through perhaps the only up-side was that I could now continue to have the stall at the Newtown Festival. Of course, with all the distraction, my time frames are somewhat compacted. So I am very conscious I now have a week. Eeek. I have tried to create a few things.

I took the patchwork idea and applied it to a messenger style shoulder bag. These are using some old stretchy denim fabric I had around (and would not use for clothing) and some home décor scraps. They have the main pocket and a front pocket. I quite like them.






I also tried a couple in a one colour option with a little printed picture on them. I think these might be my favourite - they came out looking quite good. The fabric is actually thermal lined curtains so will be nice and sturdy and is a really good weight for this bag.










I made a few more purses in the same style as the ones I'd sold on Felt. Two with the blue lining and two with the white. I might make some more if I have time …..






I also have a few wee gift bag type ones. I made these after noting that lots of the girls at work had their handbag and then another little bag for their shoes, or book or lunch. They were using shop branded bags but I thought it would be nice to have something small you can fold up. They are made from simple calico but I printed various types of pictures on the pocket.






Oh and I've made some bunting flags. Having done these before I thought these would be easy and not take much time - was I wrong! Making some for a friend is one thing, making a stack for a stall is another thing entirely. However, I think these look really nice and would be great around a cot, or in the kitchen, or even in a tree in the garden.










And I am trying my hand at another purse design. The one I tried last night didn't quite work out. I was a seam allowance off with one bit and then in a moment of idiocy I put the magnetic catch on the wrong of the purse side (*sigh - NB: why do I never learn to not make decisions after 2 glasses of wine?). Nevertheless, I am hoping that I can figure this out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment