Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stall plans

I have taken the plunge and booked a stall at the Newtown Festival taking place on 6 March. I went to this Festival last year and it was a lovely sunny day and full of life. I am super excited about this as well as horrendously nervous. However, my New Year's resolution is to take the leap --- and so I am.

I have been gradually stockpiling a bounty of stall items with this very thing in mind and so am now conscious that there is a date that needs to be met and stuff that needs to be sold.

I had a bundle of these cute wee purses I had made for the occasion. I really liked the contrast between the natural mottled outer and then the bright funky inner linings. I also thought it might be quite nice to have a broach on the outside. It means you bring some colour to the outside, link to the lining fabric, but you can also use the broach however you want or our even pin it to your jacket if you feel like it. I really like the fact that when you look at the broach you are forced to really appreciate the print of the fabric and also the weave, which tends to get lost when you look at fabric on a larger scale. It makes the fabric the attraction.

On a whim I listed some of these items on my felt shop and I was totally delighted that they have been snaffled up. I was so pleased that people liked the purses too (sometimes its easy to labour under a misconception that everyone will like your style but actually they don't).

However, with those purses flying out the door, my stockpile is now low - I only have two left. Eeek. So I shall have to whip up a few more. I've opted to make a few out of some material I found at the fabricabrac sale - it’s a deep rich brown with a thick weave and is quite dramatic. I have enough to make 4 purses from this fabric so excited about that. I might have to resist putting them on felt when they are done.


No comments:

Post a Comment