Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bit by bit

I've been causing myself angst and stress about the fact that there has been no blogging of late. Bad bad Blogger!

This blog-drought started from a lack of Craft Room-ness when I started the revamp of the third bedroom (AKA my craft space). However, as things dragged on and on and on, I wanted to be able to post my finished product in all its glory - to amaze with the resulting transformation. And so, on and on the delay went as my finished product remained out of reach.

And now, I have perhaps had a wee moment of epiphany - there may never be a finished product (I've refrained from noting "old chinese proverb say ..."). 

So, I have come to the realisation that I don't need to reveal a finished product. Blogs are about progress, and updates, and developments. Like so much in life, there's never a brand new sparkly twinkling reveal - except of course on Extreme Makeover.
With that in mind, what limited amount I can say I've achieved is: 
- The truck wallpaper gone.
- The rocket ships that were blasting off underneath are gone.
- And we are plastered and painted.

And some of the immeasurable delay came from trying to find the right paint. I tried test pot after test pot. Doing one-off commando missions to the paint store only to get home, slap some on the wall and be disappointed. Taupe and Napa, Fendleton and Dumblane, Half this and Quarter that. In the end, I realised I had spent more money on countless test pots than I would have on paint for the room and it was getting out of hand. So, in frustration I conceded to what the other half had been pressing for, and painted the room the same colour as the hallway (which is Double Whitepointer by Resene).

And, as luck would have it, I like it. The colour is different in the room than it is in the hallway (its not as grey-white but has a tiny bit more warmth in it). It is what I was looking for.

I still need to paint all the trims as they are looking very sad, and there is much to do, but that's for another day.  And compared to the truck wallpaper ...... its an oasis of calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment