Monday, December 6, 2010

Cowl neck top

Having searched around for a pattern for a cowl neck I lucked upon the selfish seamstress blog. SelfishSeamstress. Thanks so much for sharing your pattern - not at all selfish - it was just the impetus I needed.

I used this pattern, making allowances for the fact I'm wider (sadly) and I like my tops on the longer side. I also added some short sleeves with a few gathers at the top of each sleeve and elastic around the 'cuff'.


This was my first go with some left over fabric from a shift dress I made. Its not the best handiwork in the world but it holds together and I managed to wear it to work today and look respectable enough. (Note: In taking this photo I have skilfully enhanced the clothing wrinkles (bad posture) and pot-belly (bad wine consumption). Perhaps I should have straightened myself out and taken another photo, but sometimes you just need to go with it right).

I have just treated myself to my Christmas present of an overlocker so now I should be able to make the same thing but with much nicer seaming next time. This fabric is quite sturdy and I'm hoping to use the same pattern idea but in something with a bit more drape so the neck hangs.

No comments:

Post a Comment