Monday, December 3, 2012

A very bleak Fair day

Spent yesterday at the Thordon Fair.   A friend was having her first market stall and as its always easier with 2 people, I offered to help.   I also threw a few things out on her stall to flesh it out.   She was selling some intricate smock dresses for little girls.

And what a horrid day Wellington turned on for the Fair.   It has been glorious weather prior and its glorious weather after.   But Sunday, the day was terrible - gale force winds that blew everything over (including taking people's gazebos into nearby trees), and generally kept you on your toes.   It had rained up until an hour before set-up and we are thankful the rain held off for the day, but the clouds sort of blew through the street, lending a real chill to the air.   And of course, this kept the crowds away - lets face it: I wouldn't have got off the couch if I hadn't been involved. 
 
So, all and all, not the best foray into the world of fairs for my friend, but certainly a realistic one. 

My highlights included (i) buying this toffee apple that I'm going to eat tonight.
 
(ii) acquiring this teapot to match the mugs I'd bought the previous year.   I love this design and love the quirky shape.   I figure if I keep buying an item every time I attend a fair where this talented potter has a stall, I'll eventually have the whole set.

No comments:

Post a Comment