Monday, March 7, 2011

Newtown Festival shivers

Well, I can't pretend it was everything I had dreamed it would be. When I woke up during the night to hear the rain pelting down on the roof, my wee heart sank. And on Sunday morning when the rain was flying sideways past my window I figured the stall was not happening. I waited and waited and about midday toddled down to my spot in the vain hope the rain would hold off.
And yes, it was arctic - a stark contrast to 2010 when it was sunny and glorious. One shouldn’t have to wear a winter coast and gloves in the first weekend of March. But I am SO PLEASED I turned up - even though it was just for a few hours. It was great to see what customers liked and I appreciated all the lovely comments from people. Thank you so much to those who came up to see my stall and share nice words and to those who liked things enough to take an item home. It was so nice to get some feedback on things and to chat to the lovely and encouraging ladies at the next door stall - it has inspired me to try more markets and take things further. And lastly (I know – this is reading a bit like an Oscars speech but without the satin gowns) thanks to my dear friend Vanessa and my man who stood by and gave me the strength to set the stall up, even though the weather threatened to wash away my will. Wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment