Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wasp bag - my new favourite handbag

I launched into the making of this bag some time ago with some upholstery fabric found in a thrift shop. The fabric was only $2 so a bargain. I also had some olive green durable fabric lying around which made for a nice contrasting inner.
I didn't have any fusible interfacing so opted to sew in some rigid interfacing I had already - I used some large circles because a sellotape reel was nearby at the time.
However, because of that time intensive interfacing part, this bag seemed to take forever. Not assisted by the fact that I must have incorrectly assembled each part, and unpicked each stitch at least twice. I'm not sure why it seemed so hard but it was a touch of a struggle. However, it is done (finally) and I really quite like the result.


The wasp pattern provides for the teardrop style handle connection (according to the pattern because she had used an old leather belt with that style of end) and I think it makes the bag.
The pattern is at
Wasp bag pattern. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment